Tuesday

Fond Recollections



My Mother Katherine whom my Father fondly called Kate, at seventeen.


The first memory I can recollect from early childhood was the scent of my Mother's hair.

Long, dark and silken she wore it in a bun that rested at the nape of her neck. Unlocked from it's confines, she would wash it in sections and then rinse with lavender water. The redolence lingered for hours, for when she released it from the pins in the evening to brush the long tresses the fragrance once again filled the room.

I can remember vividly as she nuzzled my cheek and held me close to her breast.Through scrapped knees, lost kittens and gentle sobbing that loving embrace, accented with the heavenly essence remained with me all of my life...


12 comments:

Pamela Terry and Edward said...

Oh boy, can I come along for the ride?? This sounds like something I am going to love!

Anonymous said...

I love this!!! I can't wait for more.

Kris

Lori said...

beautiful!

you are a born story~teller Susan:)

Doreen Frost said...

I love this! I can not wait for the next chapter.

:)doreen

Pinkie Denise said...

Oh, I can't wait to hear the rest of the story. I am certainly curious, love it! Pinkie

Heather said...

oh, what a lovely blog!

Suzanne said...

Oh, this is going to be such a treat! Can't wait to read another entry!

Anonymous said...

I agree with Lori- no one spins a tale like you. This promises to be a wonderful place to fill the soul!!
D.

Sea Angels said...

This is delectable, Autumn stories, warm fires, and swirling mists.........you have captured my complete attention.
Hugs Lynn xx

Christine LeFever said...

Our crowning glory is what our hair was referred to long ago. You have capture this concept beautifully. My mother had long dark hair, and she went and got it cut and my baby brother cried that he liked her "big hair". She did grow it back out. She is so pretty even at 86 with her white hair in a bun at the nape.

Christine ~ Zwee!!!!!

Acornmoon said...

beautiful evocative writing.

Rosie said...

I've really enjoyed your story so far, the photos and the pictures you paint with your words are wonderful - I will be back to read more of Wealthy and her memories.